Full Circle….My TRUTHs
As I sit here and ponder the past two years of my life it literally brings tears to my eyes. I often wonder….how the hell did I get through this experience? They say hind sight is 20/20. Knowing what I know now……would I had still walked down this path?
As I worked out in the gym today, I was on a cycling machine ….you know the one where you’re pedaling away with your arms. Lol. Well…..the last time I was on this machine was at the Beach Rotana Hotel awaiting my placement for the next two years of my life. I remember being wide-eyed and optimistic about what was to come my way. Boy oh boy….I had no clue what opportunities and challenges were waiting for me.
Two years later, here I am at a hotel awaiting my departure back to the good ole USA. WOW! So many life lessons learned throughout this journey. What’s interesting is that this exit process has been quite stressful. Unfortunately, these recent obstacles have put a damper on my full experience which is why I felt it necessary to write a post celebrating this full circle moment….my TRUTHs.
As my blog suggests, I am a simple guy working through my complex thoughts and now is an important time to celebrate the many lessons learned throughout this journey. I am simply seeking clarity through my following truths….or lessons learned. I hope my truths encourage others to take a leap of faith into the unknown….so that you may walk confidently towards your dreams.
– Life is not about the destination. Embrace the journey because it is filled with an abundance of moments that make life worth living. Furthermore, being present will afford you the opportunity to live on purpose and truly appreciate each and every day as if it were your last.
– As a result of living in a foreign country, I have experienced a new kind of loneliness. The people who I love the most in the world have been thousands of miles away. As a result, I’ve had to surrender to the loneliness and really understand what was going on internally. I have since learned that a person truly begins to feel lonely when they no longer enjoy the company of themselves. Happiness starts from within. The moment you begin searching for happiness outside of yourself…..is the moment you have lost touch with your source. Spending time with yourself….strengthens your relationship with your source. Be still and connect with source. Know that your loved ones may be far away…but the love is still there….regardless.
– Infinite patience, flexibility and tolerance are all qualities that many say they have. But to actually walk the talk is a true test. Any person who is willing to live outside of their comfort zone and see the experience through….is walking the talk.
– I am not my negative thoughts. I am the awareness that recognizes these thoughts when they arise. I am more in tune with my soul and I know when my ego tries to take over. Let life lead the dance…….sit back and trust that your source has your best interest at heart….even when things don’t seem to make much sense.
– I am a spiritual being having a human experience. While I’m on this earth, I have the responsibility to serve on purpose and to evolve. These two functions afford one peace, love and happiness…….. which in turn ensures you Live on Purpose!
– Discover your passion and serve in a way that allows you to do what you love. It gives your life meaning even in the hardest of times.
– Don’t take life so seriously….LIVE, LOVE, and LAUGH!
– Find ways to actively connect with your source….be it yoga, exercise, meditation, spiritual books, ECT. Seek guidance on a daily basis and stay CONNECTED.
– Rest on inspiration! When a person is inspired…they are in SPIRIT. WHICH MEANS….an idea or purpose has found you. Run with it!
– WALK your TALK. Practice what you preach! Lead by example folks and live your legacy out loud!
I must acknowledge my biggest TRUTHs:
I AM a better man than I was before I came over to this middle eastern country. I have grown spiritually, physically, mentally, professionally, and emotionally.
Furthermore, I have served on purpose. I haven’t seen the direct result of my work…but that’s okay because I’ve invested in the process. I rest easy knowing even in some small…minute way….I have left my footprints in the sand dunes of this desert country.
When I am in the taxi headed to the airport …….I will whisper two words out into the hot and humid air…….”thank you!”
An experience….a journey…never forgotten. :0)
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY! :0)