Posts Tagged With: courage
Wheel of Life
Time to dive into five year goals for each spoke of my life. They all deserve my attention. Life balance!
⁃ Take at least one international trip a year.
⁃ Don’t be afraid to open your heart up to people. The past is the past. Let it go!
⁃ Continuously feed my brain with self help books, podcasts, you tube videos and reflect via my blog. Remain aware and present. There’s only this moment right now!
⁃ Don’t ever allow distance to get in the way of your relationships with family. Continue to regularly reach out. Keep in touch.
⁃ I want to continue to exercise my multiple skills and acquire a salary well above $250,000 while doing so. I see myself in leadership via the ownership of my business. I’d like to inspire people to live their best life through motivation talks.
⁃ I’d like to completely eliminate alcohol from my diet and continue to go to the gym on a regular basis (5 or more times a week). I’d also like to find a joy in cooking healthy meals.
⁃ I’d like to acquire over $300,000 in savings. Establish a lucrative retirement/ investment account and maintain a healthy credit score well above 800. I’d like to also be paying regularly on my student loans. Heck I’d like to pay off my loans with one big payment.
⁃ Continuously challenge my professional growth by taking on new types of roles that help expand the capacity in which I am able to serve. I learn best by doing. The more skills I acquire the more marketable my brand becomes.
⁃ Cycling brings me joy. Riding at least once a week and working to increase the distance/speed in which I can cycle. Get out in nature. Be with nature.
⁃ Regularly volunteer with an organization you believe in. Make a wish foundation! Serve without pay.
⁃ You don’t have to travel to enjoy the simple things in life. Create mini quests for you to partake in at least twice a month. If it’s with yourself so be it. Otherwise, the more the merrier.
Now take all of these goals and multiply them by ten!. THINK BIGGER! LIVE BIGGER! SERVE BIGGER! LOVE BIGGER! This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY. Guess it’s time to get to work. 🤗❤️🙏🏾🎈
It’s interesting how these tend to change as I move through the chapters of my life. Currently, this is where am I……
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY. Feel free to share your top 5 Values below! And so it is! 🤓
I get that your desire is to locate a second job for supplemental income. However, I need for you to think BIGGER. Maybe you’re not able to find the job you seek because it has yet to be created. Use this time to tap into your passion inorder to create a purposeful yet lucrative second income for yourself. Think bigger! Be bolder! And do NOT let money cloud your judgment. If you settle for less than you deserve, you’ll get even less than what you settled for. Hard was never easy and easy will never be hard. Hiya! So exercise your creative juices and believe that this to shall come. And so it freakin is! This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY.
- Travel and serve in Africa
- Fall in love ❤️
- Become a Teacher 👨🏫
- Become an Assistant Principal
- Start my own school (Principal)
- Live in New York
- Live in Atlanta
- INSPIRE youth in underserved communities
- Maintain a healthy gym routine
- Make friends around the world
- Become a Father
- Be PRESENT
- Continuously operate beyond my comfort zone
- Appreciate my family
- Make six figures times ten. Networth of over 10 million. I’ll take more more!
- Stay true to my passion and purpose
- Keep moving
- Turn off the television
- Keep up with my cycling
- Discover relief for my feet
- Be my own boss
- Start my own business
- Write a book
- Become a motivation speaker
- Train teachers
- PHD in something
- Be open to love again
- Not become a statistic within the black gay community
- Leave a legacy behind that rings in the ears of many
- No drinking at home alone
- Read 12 books a year minimum
- Walk, skip, jump to the beat of my own dream and do it unapologetically
- Own a fun car: something with a drop top!
- Moped or motorcycle on the side
- Establish a savings account that affords me financial freedom. 500,000 plus! Times 10!
- But my mother a house of her own
- Create careers for others
- Explore and participate in New and different things
- Attend a motivational conference
- Travel to all seven continents
- Wake up and say THANK YOU
- Just keep swimming
It’s Day 1 after the physical separation between my partner and I. Last night was tough. I mean I literally felt sick. I helped him move his stuff out and even went as far as bringing him to his new place. I don’t know if that was wise because I broke down in tears as I was about to leave. It’s interesting because the tears weren’t due to the actual separation. They were more about his well being. I just felt bad leaving him there. I mean this guy sacrificed a lot to appease my needs throughout our eight years. I kind of feel responsible for him being all the way out here in the Bay Area. It’s a hard pill to swallow which is why I spit that shit out!
I am NOT responsible for the poor decisions he made. I am not responsible for the infidelity. I am not responsible for why we are separating. Like I said to him, “I never wanted for this to happen.” I was pushed into a corner and forced to evaluate my own well being. I have enough self respect to know what I deserve when it comes to being loved. That pill that I tried to swallow can lay its ass on the ground. Matter of fact, I’ll just go ahead and crush the hell out of it. That grown man made grown decisions. And my story, my happiness, my well being will not rest upon a person who has yet to really discover and love himself. I stand tall, I stand proud, I stand courageous, I stand in my faith knowing…..that if I just keep swimming……Just keep swimming…..Just keep swimming…..Just keep smimming……true peace regarding this matter shall come. In the interim, this is myTRUTHmyCLARITY. And so it is!
I’m taking a big leap and going to share some intimate thoughts in my upcoming posts. It TRULY makes me very uncomfortable which is why I know it’s needed for growth. I’m doing this as a form of healing. Y’all, life! It sure is like a rollercoaster. One of a kind. A roller coaster with an endless track of twists, turns, hills, stops, varied speeds, and LOTS of bumps. Lots and lots of bumps. Did I mention that the coaster is also made out of wood? Yeah, so let’s not forget the constant repairs needed just to ensure it’s still functional. Y’all, life truly is like a roller coaster.
Where to even begin? Sigh, he cheated on me. What’s worse is that I walked in on both of them completely naked. There I said it. Nine months ago I thought time would heal the wound yet it still hurts. If I could just take that moment out of my memory bank. That moment altered my entire life. That moment change everything. That moment put the roller coaster out of operation for a while. That moment….sigh is a moment I’m determined to conquer. That moment will not conquer me. That moment is my badge of honor. That moment is just that….a moment.
My promise to myself is to live out loud no matter good or bad. This blog has always served as a form of healing. As I unpack my ‘dirty draws’ know that my intention is to heal. My intention is to forgive. And my intention is to move forward. I will no longer play victim. That moment was lurking on the shadows. It had to happen. It was inevitable. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am truly going to look back and be grateful for that moment. It’s time to open up, Good, bad or indifferent. I surrender to myTRUTHmyCLARITY.
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY!
Ways to determine which path to take in life:
1. Life is all about expanding into our zones of discomfort. It is only when one steps into unfamiliar territory will they really begin to EVOLVE mentally, physically and spiritually. To grow is to live on purpose.
2. Leaders embody the COURAGE needed to not only walk the unconventional path but EXPLORE and CONQUER unchartered territory.
3. Change your FEAR into CURIOSITY ………!
4. Ask the following question, “How may I SERVE?” Now recognize which path aligns with your purpose. To serve is to live on purpose.
5. Be still, be quiet, and listen to the SILENCE. Embedded in the silence is the voice of your source. Listen closely……your internal GPS system has been configured to speak to your best interest. Trust it!
6. Remember this: as you ponder the future, life is happening all around you. All you simply have is this moment. Be present, live your life right NOW and allow your source to lead the dance! Close your eyes and feel the PULL of life.
7. Be GRATEFUL! Recognize each opportunity (path) as a blessing and walk confidently into the direction of the unknown. :0)
As one door closes in July and another one opens in August, I catch myself sometimes pondering about what’s next to come. My EGO just loves pushing life out of the driver’s seat and taking control. Thankfully, I’ve become more aware of when this happens and recognize that I am still a work in progress. However, life has never let me down. These moments of weakness require me to ‘WALK my TALK’ and trust in my SOURCE.
I affirm the above statements to be my TRUTH my CLARITY and so it is! Now consider these thoughts organized!