- Travel and serve in Africa
- Fall in love ❤️
- Become a Teacher 👨🏫
- Become an Assistant Principal
- Start my own school (Principal)
- Live in New York
- Live in Atlanta
- INSPIRE youth in underserved communities
- Maintain a healthy gym routine
- Make friends around the world
- Become a Father
- Be PRESENT
- Continuously operate beyond my comfort zone
- Appreciate my family
- Make six figures times ten. Networth of over 10 million. I’ll take more more!
- Stay true to my passion and purpose
- Keep moving
- Turn off the television
- Keep up with my cycling
- Discover relief for my feet
- Be my own boss
- Start my own business
- Write a book
- Become a motivation speaker
- Train teachers
- PHD in something
- Be open to love again
- Not become a statistic within the black gay community
- Leave a legacy behind that rings in the ears of many
- No drinking at home alone
- Read 12 books a year minimum
- Walk, skip, jump to the beat of my own dream and do it unapologetically
- Own a fun car: something with a drop top!
- Moped or motorcycle on the side
- Establish a savings account that affords me financial freedom. 500,000 plus! Times 10!
- But my mother a house of her own
- Create careers for others
- Explore and participate in New and different things
- Attend a motivational conference
- Travel to all seven continents
- Wake up and say THANK YOU
- Just keep swimming
Posts Tagged With: focus
Must come to an end? Hell no! Man oh man my time is just about up in Costa Rica. I’m here at Gold’s Gym working off the abundance of rice, beans and plantains. Its become a regular part of my everyday diet since my arrival.
I’m leaving this beautiful country in a few hours and felt the need to take one final walk. I happened to bump into the gym and took it as a sign. Lol. This moment is magical because I’ve got my tunes, a cool breeze and my favorite elliptical machine. I’m good. It’s the small things mi amigos!
Day 4 was filled with lots to see and talk about. The problem is I don’t feel like typing it up in an eloquent fashion. Needless to say, I’ll list my most precious memories below.
– Took a bus tour to see Irazu Volcano
– 13 passengers on the tour / No comment other than I didn’t come here to be surrounded by fellow Americans
– Met a couple from California (Bay Area) which was exciting because I’m planning to move there in a few months
– My inappropriate attire (gym shorts and a t-shirt sigh…. Let’s just say it was a bit chilly atop the volcano. I wasn’t thinking lol)
– Fog and lots of it
– Walking along the volcano crater but unable to see it due to the fog
– Rainy day but oddly it added to the beauty of the farms and botanical garden
– The Costa Rican meal was delicious
– The actual bus ride through the town of Cartago
– Visiting a Catholic Church
– Visiting the ‘Ruins’
– Dinner with Keitsa
– Hotel Kekoldi
– Shopping at the supermarket
As this vacation comes to an end, I challenge myself to find joy in the daily routine of life. Don’t slip back into the coma of habitual behavior. Actually, find a way to deter from the routine as often as possible. Be present and most importantly live daringly!
As 2016 approaches, I am filled with a burning fire to aquire new habitual behaviors into my life. This is definitely a year of anticipated changes. I must say that I am ready and very excited! ;o)
I’ve decided to approach my resolutions with a bit of a change this year. Rather than choose one for the year, each month I’m going to introduce a new habit (maybe 2) into my life. I’ll dedicate 30 days to the new behavior and my hope is that it’ll fall into my routine and become habitual as I move into the next monthly challenge. I feel vulnerable because I am advertising my monthly commitments which means I’m certainly now going to be held accountable. I guess that’s not such a bad thing.
New Habitual Behaviors by Month:
- Pursuit of New Knowledge – Take this month to expand knowledge base. Start by reading 1 book a week.
- No Alcohol – 30 days without alcohol plain and simple.
- Blogging – 1 Blog entry per week.
- Get More Quality Sleep – Go to bed at a decent hour (10:00pm at the latest) in order to get at least 8 hours of sleep. Listen to your positive affirmations while you sleep.
- Journal Writing – Create a book of gratitude and list at least 5 things you are thankful for every night. If you feel the need to write more….do so!
- Hot Yoga – Attend at least 4 sessions of hot yoga each week. 20 session’s minimum for the month!
I feel compelled to add the additional months at a later date. I have to think small otherwise the thought of all these commitments might overwhelm me. ;o)
I’ve been faced with a number of challenges since I’ve returned back to the United Staes of America. However, my GREATEST challenge has been staying connected with my SOURCE and truly being PRESENT in the moment. WALKING my TALK was so much easier to do overseas in the eastern part of the world. Work/Life balance was afforded to me by default because it was so engrained in the culture. Heck, my work day was over by 1:30pm. Furthermore, living in the United Arab Emirates made abundantly clear how committed Muslims are to praying five times each day and staying connected to ALLAH. Therefore, I would often be reminded to stay connected to my SOURCE. I had lots of time, silence, and stillness to ensure my EGO remained in check. Now that I’m back in the hustle and bustle of the western world, it’s so easy to lose sight of the things that truly matter. My EGO has had a ball since our return to the USA. And now it’s not only time to reclaim my AWARENESS but it’s also time to get back to Living on Purpose. This…….my friends…….is….My Truth My Clarity.