- Travel and serve in Africa
- Fall in love ❤️
- Become a Teacher 👨🏫
- Become an Assistant Principal
- Start my own school (Principal)
- Live in New York
- Live in Atlanta
- INSPIRE youth in underserved communities
- Maintain a healthy gym routine
- Make friends around the world
- Become a Father
- Be PRESENT
- Continuously operate beyond my comfort zone
- Appreciate my family
- Make six figures times ten. Networth of over 10 million. I’ll take more more!
- Stay true to my passion and purpose
- Keep moving
- Turn off the television
- Keep up with my cycling
- Discover relief for my feet
- Be my own boss
- Start my own business
- Write a book
- Become a motivation speaker
- Train teachers
- PHD in something
- Be open to love again
- Not become a statistic within the black gay community
- Leave a legacy behind that rings in the ears of many
- No drinking at home alone
- Read 12 books a year minimum
- Walk, skip, jump to the beat of my own dream and do it unapologetically
- Own a fun car: something with a drop top!
- Moped or motorcycle on the side
- Establish a savings account that affords me financial freedom. 500,000 plus! Times 10!
- But my mother a house of her own
- Create careers for others
- Explore and participate in New and different things
- Attend a motivational conference
- Travel to all seven continents
- Wake up and say THANK YOU
- Just keep swimming
Posts Tagged With: Inspiration
Isn’t funny how our emotions work? One minute the world feels like it’s going to end and the next minute you feel compelled to serve Beyoncé realness.
As I bring the microphone to my lips and open up my 👄, I take in a mouthful…. OF AIR! Y’all nasty. Lol. And allow my vocal chords to do the rest. Oh… ya’ll thought I was going to actually starting singing? You’ve got the wrong blog!
I’ve revealed more than I ususally do these past few posts and I must say it’s been liberating. The overwhelming support has reminded me to ensure I’m also being kind, loving and supportive to myself. So interesting how we forget to do such a simple thing.
I’ve recently started going to a counselor. Yes! I know….it’s still hard for me to admit it but hell I’m going to a damn counselor….and I’m unapologetic. And even better it’s covered by my insiurance. Lol. Anyway…….usually at the end of every session I try to walk away with some mantra that I can put into practice throughout the week. And this week…. you guessed right.
BE KIND TO YOURSELF ANTHONY.
I don’t know where this journey shall take me. I surrender chile! I mean literally, I have handed over the car keys and fastened my humble ass in the passenger seat of life. SOURCE take the wheel. My GPS is off… hell my cellphone is off. I clasp my hands together, throw my head out of the car window and look up to the sky. I simply close my eyes and say thank you. This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY and so it is friends.
Gentle Sigh. One’s intention goes a long way be it good or bad and it’s important we walk this truth on a daily basis. Every decision you make is deeply rooted with intention and recognizing this ensures you stay present throughout the process and removed from the result. A person having good intentions can be found awaiting the express train with a clear desire to pass on by the bullshit ideas that the EGO holds to be its truth.
As a person with good intention, I recognize that I am not my title. I am not what I acquire. I am not this body. I am not separate from God. I am not invested in any materials deemed of value by man. I walk ‘myTRUTHmyCLARITY’ embracing unforeseen challenges and defying all odds. I remain present and saturate my egotistical thoughts with the following positive affirmations:
- I move confidently into the direction of the unknown having nothing but good intentions.
- My success is measured by the number of people I inspire.
- My intention is reflected in my personal growth.
- My success is measured by the distance I am willing to travel in order to serve others.
One thing is key! Successful people having good intention live on purpose. They feed off of life’s opportunities in order to serve and grow. Your purpose is married to your passion and success is simply the honeymoon. Now walk down that aisle with good intention! This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY!
1. Begin to view all of your present moments as times to live, rather than to obsess about the future.
2. Recognize the preposterousness of worry. Ask yourself over and over, “Is there anything that will change as a result of my worrying about it?”
3. Give yourself shorter and shorter periods of “worry time.” Designate 10 minutes in the morning to worry—and when that time period is up, refuse to worry until your afternoon worry segment.
4. Make a worry list of everything you worried about yesterday or last year, and then see if your worrying did anything to affect the outcome.
5. Keep in mind the most useful advice I can give you for eliminating worry from your life;
“It makes no sense to worry about the things you have no control over, because if you have no control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And also, it makes no sense to worry about the things you do have control over, because if you have control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And there goes everything that it is possible to worry about. Either you have control or you don’t, and worry is just a waste of your precious, present moments.”
Inspired and written by: Wayne Dyer
This mans ideas have ALWAYS kept me aligned with myTRUTHmyCLARITY. May he continue to inspire all of us to live our lives on purpose.
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY!
Life is like a leaf in a tree.
Moved by an invisible force.
Swaying in an undetermined direction.
Eventually resolving back to its original place of stillness.
Life is like the branch of a tree.
Supported by something greater than itself.
Waving around with the hope of being noticed.
Slowly resolving back into its original place of stillness.
Life is stillness
Stillness is peace.
Peace is life.
I’m curious to know how my fellow followers and readers feel about LIFE. I want to know……What is your TRUTH about the meaning of LIFE? I challenge you take one minute……just one……come oooooon……..ok maybe two……and try not to just simply hit the LIKE button…….I know…..I know…LIKING is so easy…..AND COMMENTING takes just a little more effort lol………but I INVITE you to respond to the following:
How might you define L…..I…..F…….E….?
When pondering the acronym of LIFE….what comes to mind for me is the following:
Living on PURPOSE
Invested in the UNKNOWN
Fulfilling my DESTINY
Even when my CURIOSITY is challenged by the fear of my EGO.
Your turn!!! ………..your COMMENTARY is warranted.
Thanking you in advance for sharing your thoughts. ;0)
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY
Sometimes we go through things and talking to people is difficult. That’s why there are books that guide you to make changes. These are books that may give you the final push towards achieving your goals and leading the best life you can possibly have!
1. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
A wonderful story about Julian Mantle – hot shot lawyer who literally sold his Ferrari and became a monk. Purely fiction but the lessons in the book document his spiritual journey, and how he went from have everything in the physical world to finding peace and reaching his destiny. It’s a great pick me up for anyone looking for answers.
2. Manifest Your Destiny by Dr. Wayne Dyer
While “The Secret” is a popular book. This one is better…
View original post 543 more words
As my blog continues to grow and attract a bigger audience, I’ve been a little more aware of my writing style and lack of editing skills. I know…..I know…I know….sigh….I just don’t feel like it. Lol.
But………I felt the need to talk about the freedom of writing. And what I mean by this is that I have never been much of an editor. Lol. Anyone who writes knows exactly what I’m talking about. I’ve always luxuriated in the ability to use punctuation and grammar as I see fit. It’s always been difficult for me to evoke a certain tone/voice while also obeying the rules of writing. Call it a weakness…..call it laziness…..call it freedom….call it shorthand.
Well….today’s post is my DISCLAIMER! Lol. I’ve always written as a way for me to reflect on my thoughts and furthermore……organize them so that they are a bit more manageable. I want my readers to know that I simply write with freedom. I rarely pay close attention to the rules of writing. I put my thoughts out there and let them be what they are…..MY thoughts.
Writing with freedom and lack of judgement is liberating. I will continue to give myself permission to make mistakes and bend the rules a bit. I hope my followers will understand. If not…..you’ll be okay…..I promise. :0)
It’s interesting because as writers……..we often feel this need to correct a person when there may be a mistacke in their writing…….. Lol. I know…..I know…ugh…I spelt ‘mistake’ incorrectly…along with the world spelt (spelled). Does this really bother you? Has this mistake effected your life in some unimaginable way? Lol. If so……I’m sorry…but it is what it is….my truth. I like to call this type of writing……..’writing with freedom’. The freedom to put your thoughts out there anyway you see fit…….and the knowing that your followers are still able to receive the message.
Know this…….editing comes in time. Quite frankly, I do it when I feel like it. And if…one day…I become some popular writer who can afford an editor…EDITING will happen more often. Lol. In the interim….I invite you to continue reading through my errors and receiving my truth. If the WordPress spellcheck doesn’t catch the error…oh well!…….and most of the time I ignore the suggestions….lol……. “I’s writes with freedom!”
I give all of you the freedom to write….share your thoughts first…………knowing that you are fully capable of editing whenever the hell you feel like it.
I want to thank each and every one of you for not calling me out…on my lack of editing…….lol. It truly is just laziness. The freedom to just write/share my thoughts……..is myTRUTHmyCLARITY……and I love it. ;0)
Full Circle….My TRUTHs
As I sit here and ponder the past two years of my life it literally brings tears to my eyes. I often wonder….how the hell did I get through this experience? They say hind sight is 20/20. Knowing what I know now……would I had still walked down this path?
As I worked out in the gym today, I was on a cycling machine ….you know the one where you’re pedaling away with your arms. Lol. Well…..the last time I was on this machine was at the Beach Rotana Hotel awaiting my placement for the next two years of my life. I remember being wide-eyed and optimistic about what was to come my way. Boy oh boy….I had no clue what opportunities and challenges were waiting for me.
Two years later, here I am at a hotel awaiting my departure back to the good ole USA. WOW! So many life lessons learned throughout this journey. What’s interesting is that this exit process has been quite stressful. Unfortunately, these recent obstacles have put a damper on my full experience which is why I felt it necessary to write a post celebrating this full circle moment….my TRUTHs.
As my blog suggests, I am a simple guy working through my complex thoughts and now is an important time to celebrate the many lessons learned throughout this journey. I am simply seeking clarity through my following truths….or lessons learned. I hope my truths encourage others to take a leap of faith into the unknown….so that you may walk confidently towards your dreams.
– Life is not about the destination. Embrace the journey because it is filled with an abundance of moments that make life worth living. Furthermore, being present will afford you the opportunity to live on purpose and truly appreciate each and every day as if it were your last.
– As a result of living in a foreign country, I have experienced a new kind of loneliness. The people who I love the most in the world have been thousands of miles away. As a result, I’ve had to surrender to the loneliness and really understand what was going on internally. I have since learned that a person truly begins to feel lonely when they no longer enjoy the company of themselves. Happiness starts from within. The moment you begin searching for happiness outside of yourself…..is the moment you have lost touch with your source. Spending time with yourself….strengthens your relationship with your source. Be still and connect with source. Know that your loved ones may be far away…but the love is still there….regardless.
– Infinite patience, flexibility and tolerance are all qualities that many say they have. But to actually walk the talk is a true test. Any person who is willing to live outside of their comfort zone and see the experience through….is walking the talk.
– I am not my negative thoughts. I am the awareness that recognizes these thoughts when they arise. I am more in tune with my soul and I know when my ego tries to take over. Let life lead the dance…….sit back and trust that your source has your best interest at heart….even when things don’t seem to make much sense.
– I am a spiritual being having a human experience. While I’m on this earth, I have the responsibility to serve on purpose and to evolve. These two functions afford one peace, love and happiness…….. which in turn ensures you Live on Purpose!
– Discover your passion and serve in a way that allows you to do what you love. It gives your life meaning even in the hardest of times.
– Don’t take life so seriously….LIVE, LOVE, and LAUGH!
– Find ways to actively connect with your source….be it yoga, exercise, meditation, spiritual books, ECT. Seek guidance on a daily basis and stay CONNECTED.
– Rest on inspiration! When a person is inspired…they are in SPIRIT. WHICH MEANS….an idea or purpose has found you. Run with it!
– WALK your TALK. Practice what you preach! Lead by example folks and live your legacy out loud!
I must acknowledge my biggest TRUTHs:
I AM a better man than I was before I came over to this middle eastern country. I have grown spiritually, physically, mentally, professionally, and emotionally.
Furthermore, I have served on purpose. I haven’t seen the direct result of my work…but that’s okay because I’ve invested in the process. I rest easy knowing even in some small…minute way….I have left my footprints in the sand dunes of this desert country.
When I am in the taxi headed to the airport …….I will whisper two words out into the hot and humid air…….”thank you!”
An experience….a journey…never forgotten. :0)
This is myTRUTHmyCLARITY! :0)