Damn…..how did I get here? Just 2 years ago I was practicing daily habits to ensure I remained present in the moment. These moments are where life happens! Yet and still I fell for it (forward and backward thinking). You know the rat race of life has a way of sucking you in and providing a sense of comfort that is undeniably addictive. Before you know it so much time has passed on by due to falling asleep behind the wheel of life. You wake up and find autopilot has been activated and you’ve been cruising at a sustainable altitude. However, due to a bit of turbulence (in the good sense) the plane plunges and dips into a new direction. You’re suddenly shaken out of your comfort zone yet curious and intrigued to know what lies ahead along this new path. The hunger and thirst for the journey is reigniting and now noticeable. It’s been there the entire time yet ignored due to life’s many distractions. You wonder how just how…. Heck when….did the rat race show itself into your life. Trust and believe…. It wasn’t invited! You take a sigh of relief and just thank GOD for waking you ON to a more present life experience.
Costa Rica Realness is what snapped me out of life’s trance. Specifically, the culture, nature, food, drinks, and activities. They are truly maintaining my attention. I just now need to lean off of the extrinsic motivators and onto the intrinsic desire to walk confidently into the direction of the unknown. This is something I practiced everyday while living and teaching overseas. I still have yet to practice this on a regular basis in my American Life. It’s hard! It’s so hard finding a way to keep things fresh, new and exciting when your essentially following the same ole routine everyday. More importantly, after moving through the routine….being to exhausted to exude any effort towards the the idea of DOING anything else. Hence, BEING often associated with LAZINESS yet also understood as STILLNESS because it’s simply what you do when you’re not LIVING to WORK. I guess this is where and why one should ensure their job speaks to their passion. My field does, but my actual job location doesn’t. :0/ But I have a plan I’ve already set into motion. Stay tuned!
Precious moments to remember from DAY 1:
– Arrive into Costa Rica with an eye infection
– Visit local pharmacy and have to hold complete conversation in Spanish to get appropriate antibiotic for my eyes
– My taxi friend Sergio
– I’ve literally met 5 Sergio’s
– Rice and Beans for breakfast…Yummy!
– Hiking through the National Forest with my recovering foot and no water
– Sloths and Monkeys!
– Becky and her extended family
– Parasailing in Manuel Antonio over the National Forest during sunset
– Rode the local city bus
– Saying a prayer while traveling through the windy and hilly roads
– Tibulia Treehouse Hotel
– Swimming in the warm Pacific Ocean at National Park
– Leaving the hotel in pants and returning to the hotel in swimming trunks, hat and tank top
– Cold shower
– Invisible bird in the hotel room
– Baby leans over bus seat attempting to grab a random mans French fries. Man gives baby a french fry and baby smiles. Mom notices French fry in babies hand and smiles. Mom and man begin chatting as if they are old friends from a past life
Sometimes it’s the small things that bring a smile to ones face. Those moments are often the ones that slip away. Write them down!
This is mytruthmyclarity!